Problems of Older Persons - Generally, old age refers to the stage of age when a person's physical and mental impairment starts. According to tradition, old age starts from the age of 60 and continues until death.
This last stage of the life cycle is divided into sub-stages, these sub-stages are as follows:
1. Early Old Age - This substage is 60 to 70 years old.
2. Developed old age - This stage starts from the age of 70 years.
Many social, physical, mental, and economic problems arise in old age.
The major problems arising in old age are as follows -
(1) physical damage related problems
(2) mental illness problems
(3) Health-related problems
(4) Social adjustment problems
(5) Economic problems
(6) Maintenance problem
(7) Complete behavior
(4) inter-generational interval
(9) Lack of self esteem
(10) Housing-related problem
(11) Abuse and torture
Thus it can be said that at present there are many problems facing the elderly, to overcome them, many schemes and programs are being run by the government and non-government organizations in the interest of the brothers.