- Responsibility means public servants' readiness and action to work in accordance with the needs and aspirations of citizens. Under this, it is emphasized that whether the work is being performed according to the process and procedure available to fulfill the aspirations of the people? Public servants are expected to follow their responsibilities in accordance with a certain law and procedure.
Civil servants in all democratic countries to ensure a responsive, transparent and honest policy implementation and service delivery:
The political is responsible to both the executive and the citizen. Ensuring accountability for performance in financial government service is not a simple task; There are enormous complications involved in making government officials accountable for results and outcomes. Of agencies providing services
In relation, especially while the service provided is clear. It is easy to set and measure performance goals and thus a seamless measure
There is a unit, but in the case of many government organizations, where the results are policy related and therefore not very concrete, the performance assessment is more
Becomes complicated. The spread of responsibility and authority among different levels of government and the lack of synergy between authority and responsibility can also lead to a system where clear excuses for not performing are abundant. Especially in relation to those activities which are beyond the departmental boundary line or between different functional divisions within the departments. Accountability determines the responsibility of an officer / employee working in a private, governmental or voluntary organization and also ensures that the officer / employee justifies their actions or decisions. He also has to be officially ready for action if he does not fulfill his duties and responsibilities.
Transparency means openness in the decision making process and right to information, ie the decision making process and the process of providing information will be as simple and clear for the public and the media, the more transparency will come in the organization. Everyday work, formulation of policies, decision making process and rationale and potential benefits to the public from these are some things which the common citizens have the right to know. Under the system of administration of service related things
It is the right of the public to get information about the conditions adopted and its purpose etc.
Transparency is also related to morality. In the absence of transparency, the government becomes slow, inefficient and corrupt. Some other aspects of transparency can be understood in the following way.
Due to transparency in public affairs, proper use of public funds is possible.
(1) By bringing transparency in government work, officers are careful in taking any decision and their decision is judged. They do not do any favors in this work.
2. By bringing transparency in government work, public servants are not able to misuse time and public money.
3. Taking transparency shows the futility of those rules and laws and procedures which act as a barrier to administration.
4. Ensuring transparency ensures a cordial relationship between the public servant and the customer.
Transparency and right to information is a precondition for good governance. Access to information empowers citizens to obtain information about public policies and programs thereby
Transparency is ensured. Transparency makes government more accountable and participates in strengthening full democracy and citizens
Empowers to keep abusive about the policies of patrons. Apart from this, public participation in administration is also ensured. Getting information about work
Public participation also ensures public participation.