- Major provisions of the Domestic Violence Act 2005 - Violence within the family of women is intended to provide more "effective protection" to the rights guaranteed under the Constitution and the Domestic Violence Act with a view to remove the crimes related to and based on it. Had to bring 2005. This Act is applicable to the whole of India except Jammu and Kashmir. It has some five chapters and 37 sections. It is implemented on 26 October 2006.
The following provisions have been made in this.
1. It defines aggrieved person, respondent, compensation order থা, custody order, domestic incident report, domestic kinship, dowry, medical facility, monetary relief, safety order, residence order.
2. Section 3 defines domestic violence whereby the person (aggrieved) who is incapacitated harms life, limbs, health by any act, omission or functioning or conduct by the respondent (man). Threats or attempts include physical abuse, sexual abuse, verbal and emotional abuse along with economic abuse.
3. To do such an act or conduct under physical misuse, which may cause harm or damage to life, health of the aggrieved person. Its main provisions - for women, it uses assault, irana, bullying and criminal force.
4. Doing an act under sexual abuse that abuses the dignity of a woman, she is humiliated and despised.
5. Laughter, reproach, taunt of infertility under verbal and emotional abuse.
6. In the event of non-performance of duty by the institution officer, he is sentenced to imprisonment for one year or fine which is Rs. 20,000. Will be punished till or both.
7. No prosecution or other legal proceeding shall be taken against the Defense Officer unless the complaint is with the prior approval of the State Government or an officer authorized by him in this behalf.
Is not filed.
8. Under Section 27, the judicial magistrate shall be the first class or metropolitan magistrate competent court. The order given by the magistrate in the direction of the aggrieved person or the respondent will be against the law within 30 days in the sessions court.